The city of Chennai, also known as Madras lies on the coast of Tamil Nadu. What is now known as Madras curry may have its origin in India, but its present form (characterized by the very distinct, citrussy madras masala) was popularized by British restaurants. This dish takes you through the authentic method of preparation, assuring you of a restaurant-perfect result!
- easy-to-find grocery list
- simple enough for beginner cooks
- adjustable spiciness
- easy step-by-step recipe, designed after the original recipe
- 4 spice pouches for each stage of cooking
- premium-quality, fresh spices to impart a truly authentic flavour
- Beats any one-step spice mix, paste or sauce.
Label Description: Sweet, sour, salty, spicy – the flavours of Madras thrill the palate. Revel in this celebrated curry, cherished all over the world for its marvellous taste. Free shipping within Canada.
- Spice Pack 1: Coriander, Turmeric, Salt, Fennel, Chili, Black pepper, Fenugreek, Garlic, Cumin, Bay leaf, Ginger, Cassia
- Spice Pack 2: Coriander, Turmeric, Salt, Fennel, Chili, Black pepper, Fenugreek, Garlic, Cumin, Bay leaf, Ginger, Cassia
- Spice Pack 3: Garam Masala
- Spice Pack 4:Red Chili Powder (Very Hot!!! for adjusting heat level)
Garam Masala: Coriander, Cinnamon, Cumin, Ginger, Cloves, Cardamom, Black pepper
Heat Level Recommendation: Traditionally served very hot but medium heat is recommended.
Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Marination Time: None
Cook Time: 20 minutes
I’ve loved to make curry dishes for decades. I’ve even had friends try to teach me their recipes but every time I add or subtract and it lacks uniformity. These spice packs and instructions are stupid easy and very tasty. I’m a huge fan of spicy but haven’t used the entire final (hot) spice pack. Working up to it. Bravo to this company. Shipping fast and professional and packaging first class.
Haven’t used them as I am saving them to give my Indian food loving daughter for Christmas. I know she will love them.
The mix was tasty, I could have made it hotter, just made it medium according to the recipe. It was more like mild. I think that it would be great if you are a newcomer to Indian cooking. I cook a lot of Indian from scratch, which is more time consuming. So, also good for quick meal.
it’s amazing every time. so simple to know what to buy and the directions are easy to follow.
We have had the Madras chicken twice now and both times it was delicious.