The city of Chennai, also known as Madras lies on the coast of Tamil Nadu. What is now known as Madras curry may have its origin in India, but its present form (characterized by the very distinct, citrussy madras masala) was popularized by British restaurants. This dish takes you through the authentic method of preparation, assuring you of a restaurant-perfect result!
- easy-to-find grocery list
- simple enough for beginner cooks
- adjustable spiciness
- easy step-by-step recipe, designed after the original recipe
- 4 spice pouches for each stage of cooking
- premium-quality, fresh spices to impart a truly authentic flavour
- Beats any one-step spice mix, paste or sauce.
Label Description: Sweet, sour, salty, spicy – the flavours of Madras thrill the palate. Revel in this celebrated curry, cherished all over the world for its marvellous taste. Free shipping within Canada.
- Spice Pack 1: Coriander, Turmeric, Salt, Fennel, Chili, Black pepper, Fenugreek, Garlic, Cumin, Bay leaf, Ginger, Cassia
- Spice Pack 2: Coriander, Turmeric, Salt, Fennel, Chili, Black pepper, Fenugreek, Garlic, Cumin, Bay leaf, Ginger, Cassia
- Spice Pack 3: Garam Masala
- Spice Pack 4:Red Chili Powder (Very Hot!!! for adjusting heat level)
Garam Masala: Coriander, Cinnamon, Cumin, Ginger, Cloves, Cardamom, Black pepper
Heat Level Recommendation: Traditionally served very hot but medium heat is recommended.
Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Marination Time: None
Cook Time: 20 minutes
The spices are decent, but it needs a base gravy of some sort.
We really enjoyed this curry and will definitely have it again!
The deliberate layering of spices is easy to follow and produces delicious curries.