Master Indian's Turmeric Curry
Turmeric should be celebrated. Its health benefits are numerous, significant, and clinically-proven. A vertiable health revolution has occurred around turmeric, and hence you can find countless preparations of the classic spice. If you make turmeric a regular part of your diet, we figure you might as well make it as delicious as possible, which is why Master Indian Spice designed the turmeric curry, an adaptation of the traditional Mughal recipe for korma. This dish is best served medium or hot. Our social media chef, Ben also recommends a little extra fresh minced ginger and especially minced garlic. We'll present the standard recipe here as it appears on the package:
Turmeric Chicken Ingredients
1. Chicken breast, boneless (500 grams)
2. Cooking oil: 3 tbsp
3. Onion: 1 medium
4. Plain yogurt: 250 grams (1 cup)
5. Ground Almonds: 1/2 cup
6. Fresh cilantro (optional)
7. 1 Master Indian Spice Patiala Chicken Curry kit (see recipe for contents)
Turmeric Chicken Preparation
1. Cut the chicken (500 grams) into bite-sized pieces and marinate with plain yogurt (250 grams) and SPICE PACK 1 (turmeric, salt)
2. Rougly dice the onion (1 medium).
3. Crush or grind the almonds (1/2 cup) if required.
Turmeric Chicken Cooking Method
1. In a non-stick pan, heat oil (3 tbsp) over medium-high heat and fry the onions with SPICE PACK 2 (dry ginger and garlic) until golden (about 2 to 4 minutes.)
2. Now add the marinated chicken, SPICE PACK 3 (coriander, cumin, paprika powder) and sear for 1 minute.
3. Next add warm water (125 ml or 1/2 cup), turn heat down to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes, covered, until the chicken is completely cooked.
4. Adjust the heat level to your liking by adding SPICE PACK 4 (Indian red chili powder). Turmeric chicken curry is best served medium or hot. Be careful, this spice is HOT!!!
5. Mix in the ground almonds, SPICE PACK 5 (garam masala, custom blend), and garnish with fresh cilantro (optional)
Serve with... freshly-cooked basmati or jasmine rice with a side of warm naan bread.