Peanut Thai Curry Black Bean Bowl
Peanut thai curry sauce is a beautiful, zesty summer flavour. In this black bean bowl recipe, we've brought our peanut thai sauce to a new level with two secret ingredients: Great Jamaican Ginger Beer (there is no substitute), and Indian Red Chili, a.k.a. Lal Mirch. The result is a zingy, unbeatably satisfying sauce that you can use on anything (except maybe ice cream).
Peanut Thai Curry Sauce Ingredients
1/4 cup plain peanut butter (it's ok if it has sugar)
1/2 cup ginger beer
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1.5 tbsp coconut oil
1 medium onion, minced
3-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled minced (optional)
2 tbsp red curry paste
1tbsp fresh lime juice (2 tbsp liquid tamarind is also perfect)
1 tbsp chopped thai basil (if you have no thai basil, you can substitute plain basil, and add 1/8 tsp freshly ground fennel. It'll do in a pinch)
1-3 tsp Indian red Chili (to taste)
salt to taste
Black Bean Bowl ingredients
1/2 package (1/2 pound) tofu small diced
1 can black beans, drained rinsed
4 generous handfuls of salad greens (rinsed)
1 medium tomato
1/2 cup peanuts/pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
Method for the Perfect Summertime Curry!
1. Heat coconut oil on medium heat, slowly frying your minced onions, ginger and garlic until all are transparent. (about 10 minutes).
2. Add the curry paste and peanut butter, and whisk with a fork while slowly adding the ginger beer and then the almond milk.
3. Add the basil, lime juice or tamarind, indian chili, salt, and let simmer on low. The consistency should be just a little bit thicker than a salad dressing.
4. In a lightly oiled pan, fry the beans and tofu, using a little salt and pepper.
5. Assemble all Black bean bowl ingredients, starting with salad greens, drizzle a very generous portion of the sauce and top with your garnishes such as peanuts and pumpkin seeds.
6. Serve and enjoy this perfect summertime curry on a hot day outside in your favourite shaded place!