Vegan Breakfast Curry Sauce
If you love a delicious Hollandaise, and you love Indian food, then give this sauce a try. We've used our Butter Chicken spice kit to create one of the most delicious vegan breakfast sauces you can imagine. Below is the recipe, and here is a video of the method:
1 Butter Chicken Spice Kit
1 cup diced onion
1/8 cup minced or grated ginger
1/8 cup minced or grated garlic
2 cups diced tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
2 tbsp vegan butter
1.5 cups coconut milk
1 tbsp cane sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon
optional, but recommended:
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp powdered cardamom
1.Heat warm coconut milk in medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Toast spice pack 2 (cumin seeds) in frying pan for 15-20 seconds on medium-high heat.
3. Add butter and let melt and sizzle for 30 seconds.
4. Add onions, ginger, garlic and fry for 30 seconds-1 minute.
5. Add tomatoes along with spice packs 1 and 3. (Add the turmeric/cardamom if you have some on hand), fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add fried tomato/onion mixture to coconut milk; blend with an immersion blender or a conventional countertop blender (this will yield a finer sauce).
7. Stir in your sugar and lemon juice; add spice pack 4 until the sauce is spicy enough for you.
Add this sauce to any meal of your choice. It goes particularly well with breakfast foods and is a wonderfully sumptuous stand-in for Hollandaise. It's a great way to get some variety from your Butter Chicken Spice Pack.