Butter Chicken 1950's Inspired
Product Information: This spice kit separates an authentic butter chicken recipe into four stages, with four corresponding spice blends to be added at different stages of the cooking process. None of the essential ingredients have been substituted. Possibly the best butter chicken spice kit you will ever find (just check out our reviews below). Free shipping within Canada.
- easy-to-find grocery list
- simple enough for beginner cooks
- adjustable spiciness
- easy step-by-step recipe, designed after the original recipe
- 4 spice pouches
- premium-quality, fresh spices to impart a truly authentic flavour
- Beats any one-step spice mix, paste or sauce.
Package Description: This is the original Butter Chicken, invented at the Moti Mahal restaurant in Delhi. Delicious marinated chicken braised in a buttery, spiced tomato gravy make this a sure winner!
Heat Level: Traditionally served mild, but you make yours are HOT as you like!!!
- SPICE PACK 1: Paprika Powder, Salt, Ginger, Dry Garlic
- SPICE PACK 2: Cumin Seeds
- SPICE PACK 3: Paprika Powder, Salt, Fenugreek, Sugar
- SPICE PACK 4: Chili Powder (Very Hot!!! for adjusting heat level)
Serving Size : 8
Cook Time: 30 Minute
This was our first try at Indian cooking from scratch. It was easy and the result was delicious. We added onions and cashews and it was amazing. Can't wait to try the Vindaloo.
Haven't tried them yet, but they arrived quickly, and can't wait to get cooking!
Very nice pakage and great tasting chicken
I followed the directions to the letter. It was seriously lacking flavor. I had to add some other spices to make it even taste mediocre.
I made this butter chicken, medium hot, for dinner. I used coconut milk rather than yogurt, as I find that often the yogurt sort of curdles. Instead of 500 gm of chicken, I made 750 gm as there is always so much sauce, and it is so flavourful, it can handle an extra 2 portions. So, I now have 4 portions in the freezer (I find that all the chicken dishes freeze well), for another time. Butter chicken is not my favourite, whether home made or at the restaurant, but I would say that this one is really very good and easy to make.